Interim Terms for booking during government mandated shelter in place for COVID-19
- You must read this before booking an appointment. The appointment link will be at the bottom of the page. All customers who wish to enter our business must book an advance appointment for any service including jewelry purchase. You must only book an appointment for yourself or your minor. You may not book for someone else. this is important for contact tracing. You may only book one appointment in a given day. Your 15 Minute appointment slot will actually give you a 50 minute visit with 20 minutes at the jewelry counter followed by 30 minutes with a piercer. Plan accordingly. Your paid booking fee will be applied to your in store purchase. Occupancy and duration of visit is limited under health regulation. Your jewelry consultant will guide you to how many piercings you may be able receive during your appointment. If you are looking for 3 or more piercings, adjustments, or insertions schedule additional appointments on other days. You may gain more time with the piercer by filling out our release form on the day of your appointment before you arrive. Please take note that many of the release form questions are date sensitive and must be answered on the same date as your service. If you have filled out the release form days in advance, we will have you do it again during your appointment. To help you prepare, you can find our release forms here: Digital Piercing Release Form. We encourage you to shop our online store for sole jewelry purchases and engage with video chat or email for any checkups or further advice
- If you have jewelry manufactured from one of our approved vendors that you would like to use for a service, you must first have it processed by our office. Do not bring jewelry that has been used, purchased elsewhere, or otherwise unpackaged to pass along to our counter staff at the time of your appointment. To have your jewelry processed place your item/s in a clear ziplock bag and send it to us at Body Manipulations, Attn: Processing, 2313 8th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710. Be sure to enclose your name, return address, and email for contact. Once your jewelry is processed it will be packaged in a sterilization envelope and heat sealed in an outer package. We will then email you with an order number and a link to pay $25 for the sterilization service. In this link you will be able to choose to have your jewelry shipped back to you or have it ready to pick up at the main shop on 16th street. We will accept your jewelry to use for service if it meets our jewelry standards and is still in the unbroken package it was processed in. If your jewelry is unacceptable for use we will explain why and send it back to you our you may schedule an appointment to pick it up. Please review our FAQ for more on jewelry standards.
- We will not be answering the phone at this time. All appointments must be made directly in our appointment service online.
- You must not schedule an appointment with us if you or someone you have close contact with are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 including but not limited to: fever, body aches, shortness of breath, sudden loss of smell or taste.
- If you have scheduled an appointment and you or someone you have close contact with begin to show any of the above symptoms, you must cancel your appointment immediately. Your booking fee will be refunded for any cancellation due to sickness.
- You must wear a face covering for the entirety of your visit. Never to remove, or adjust your mask at any time within our facility. Your face covering must completely cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- Up to the time of your procedure and immediately following the procedure, you must maintain social distance within our facility remaining only in designated areas for customers.
- You may not bring anyone to accompany you unless you are a minor and it is a single parent or legal guardian required to consent for your service.
- You are advised to bring no extra personal belongings with you to your appointment. Bring only what you need for the appointment.
- You may not book any appointments that would include any services under your face covering. Including but not limited to: piercings, tattoos, adjustments, insertion of jewelry, or any services on any part on the nose or mouth. If you book for any oral or nasal services you will be turned away and your booking fee will be non-refundable.
- We please ask that you be on time as we are limited in available time slots for customers under these circumstances. Allow extra time for parking and/or commuting by public transit. If you are late for your appointment by 10 minutes or more, your appointment will be forfeited and your booking fee non refundable. You may reschedule another appointment for a later time.
- When you arrive for your appointment, do not enter. Wait outside in a designated social distant area, we will call you at your time. All customers must be screened prior to entry.
If you are scheduling for jewelry purchase and/or piercing service:
During your appointment, you will have 20 minutes with a jewelry specialist and 30 minutes with a piercer. We are limiting each customer to a maximum of 2 piercings per appointment. You may schedule additional piercings or additional services on another day.
If you are scheduling for tattoo service:
You must first schedule a consultation by digital means in the form of email or video chat with the your artist. The link for video chat will be provided when you book your consultation. For your tattoo appointment, you may schedule as many hours as recommended by your artist at the time of the consult. For your tattoo appointment, do not enter our main lobby for any check in. You must go directly to your artist at the tattoo annex located at 3242 16th Street, just next door to our main storefront. Tattoo services will be offered after September 21st.
General Terms for booking appointments
- Appointments must be scheduled at least 1 hour in advance. Appointments may be cancelled up to 1 hour before the appointment time. Your booking fee is non refundable for any cancellations within 1 hour of your appointment time.
- For any piercing or tattoo you must fill out and submit the appropriate release form. The release form will require you to photograph a valid government issued picture ID. If you are under the age of 18 will also be asked to photograph proof of parentship/guardianship in the form of your birth certificate, or an original court issued document indicating legal guardianship. Please be sure these documents are all official government issue an not expired. I this part a photo of two ID's, Medical paperwork, or medical cards is NOT proof of guardianship/parentship. Failure to meet these ID requirements will forfeit your appointment and your booking fee will be non refundable. Tattooing anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted regardless of parental consent.
- Be on time! If you are late for your appointment by 10 minutes or more, your appointment will be forfeited and your booking fee non refundable.